Friday, March 09, 2007

~FaultLines~

~FaultLines~
All the words in my head have come out too late
how i questioned our actions but did not say it
wish i had not pushed so hard for reassurance
letting physical need override my knowledge
with all these questions in my mind i let go
instincts carrying out desires deeply ingrained

All my thoughts were floating away as we kissed
the world faded away for those few hours of the day
how empty i feel now without you to talk to
my reassurance, my groundedness in life gone away
pushed away by my inability to voice my thoughts
wish i had broken my silence an seen beyond the surface

All we had in such a short time was for nothing
how i questioned the what ifs of our decision
wish i had spoken my mind the thousand times it screamed
letting go of self control just felt so right
wilting now as i find the faults of our short romance
how will you ever forgive me my faults and talk to me again

No comments: