Wednesday, August 01, 2012

black and blue

you've held my heart in your grasp for so long
for so much of that time we spent it in denial
now the words are in the open and we are lost
I'm open to your games, except for when they are empty

black and blue that's how you always leave me
not in a physical sense but my heart is hurting
pulsing and bleeding as old scars are reopened
why can't you see the unshod tears I have

letting me go was hard the first time I know
because it took us years to say what we thought was goodbye
and now there is this tiny flame that is overwhelming
terrifying and exhilarating as we figure it all out

black and blue is how my whole being feels
knowing your head rules your whole being
leaves my heart trampled and ready to explode
waiting for the right moment like a bomb ticking away

when the timer goes off our fates will be decided
leaving a limbo of unanswered questions and thoughts
scaring our hearts no matter the outcome
leaving us both black and blue and confused

No comments: